Membership of HCA is open to health consumers and health consumer organisations. HCA is consumer-led, with a Board elected by the membership, responsible for the governance and strategic leadership of the organisation. By joining you will be helping to strengthen the influence of consumers and ensuring that our unique and diverse perspectives continue to shape health policy, planning, research and service delivery.
A vibrant and respected peak health consumer organisation is vital to the safety and quality of our healthcare and the achievement of better health outcomes for all South Australians.
The benefits of being a HCA member include:
- eligibility for recruitment as a consumer advocate and for Ministerial appointments.
- access to induction, training and support as a consumer advocate.
- access to confidence building and public speaking training;access to IAP2 community engagement training.
- invitations to the annual HCA conference focussing on consumer leadership and consumer-centred health care.
- invitations to member-only policy briefings and consultative forums;a discount on training tailored to your group’s needs.
- being kept informed of health policy developments, as well as consumer advocate opportunities.
- via a fortnightly e-Bulletin and a quarterly magazine, HCASA Voice.
- being a part of and helping to strengthen the health consumer movement in South Australian and nationally.
Our membership fees for 2012/13 are:
- Individual $20 Organisational: Income under $50,000 $30
- Individual Concession $7 Organisational: Income $50,001 - $99,999 $50
- Associate (non-voting) $50 Organisational: Income $100,000 - $149,999 $60
- Organisational: Income $150,000 - $199,999 $70
- Organisational: Income over $200,000 $80
Please click here to download our Membership Application Form to complete and return to HCA.