Our mission at Health Consumers Alliance of SA Inc (HCA) is to engage consumers and health services to achieve quality, safe, consumer-centred care for all South Australians.
HCA calls upon health consumers in South Australia, as well as health consumer organisations, to help us have a stronger voice to inform our advocacy. We encourage you to become members of HCA. Your membership will help strengthen the influence of consumers in South Australia and nationally. It will also ensure that our unique and diverse perspectives continue to shape health policy, planning, research, service delivery and evaluation.
The benefits of individual membership include:
• being eligible as a HCA-nominated Consumer Representative on health-related committees.
• having access to induction, training and support as a consumer advocate.
• being eligible for selection to attend special events as a HCA Representative.
• receiving invitations to attend HCA-hosted events, forums, workshops and member-only events.
• attending for free HCA’s Introduction to Consumer Advocate Training.
• having voting rights at the HCA Annual General Meeting, where you can nominate HCA Board members.
• receiving ongoing information on consumer advocate opportunities and health policy developments, via our weekly eNews.
• receiving invitations to participate in shaping HCA’s priorities and Strategic Directions.
The benefits of organisational membership include:
• access to training for your organisation’s staff and volunteers.
• receiving assistance to recruit consumers to your organisation’s committees.
• listing your organisation on the HCA website, with a link to your website.
• having opportunities to submit stories and consumer information for publication in HCA’s weekly eNews, on our website and social media.
• receiving invitations to attend HCA-hosted events, forums and workshops.
HCA welcomes your membership, to assist us to achieve our vision of consumers at the centre of health in South Australia.
Our membership fees for 2017/18 are:
Individual Concession: $5
Associate (non-voting): $50
Organisational: Income under $50,000: $35
Organisational: Income $50,001 - $100,000: $70
Organisational: Income $100,001 - $200,000: $90
Organisational: Income $200,001 - $500,000: $150
Organisational: Income over $500,000: $350