Our Vision and Mission
Our vision: Consumers at the centre of health in South Australia
Health consumers are people who use, or are potential users of health services, including their family and carers.
Our mission: To engage consumers and health services to achieve high quality, safe, consumer-centred care for all South Australians.
- We seek to promote and strengthen the voices, wellbeing, rights and leadership of health consumers.
- We advocate that consumer engagement policy and practice is embedded across the SA health care system. This includes public, private and non-government health service providers.
- We believe that consumer engagement results in better planning and policy making. This leads to better health outcomes and community wellbeing.
Strategic Directions 2012-1016
- Health equity and rights
We work with health consumers, communities and other stakeholders to promote health equity and rights.
- Policy leadership and systemic advocacy
We are policy leaders and provide systemic advocacy to inform, shape and sustain consumer centred care.
- Engagement and partnerships
We lead health consumer and community engagement and collaboration.
- Organisational strength and innovation
We develop the people culture, systems and resources to be an effective and thriving organisation.
Strategic Directions 2017 – 2020
- We lead health consumer engagement across all levels: individual, service and system.
Outcome: Consumers influence health at all levels.
- We lead systemic advocacy and policy to shape consumer-centred care.
Outcome: Consumers inform health policy, planning, design, delivery, measurement and evaluation.
- We provide information, learning and development to build the skills of consumers and health services.
Outcomes: Consumers have access to accurate health information.
Consumers and health services have the skills to effectively partner.
- We develop our people, culture and systems to be an effective and thriving organisation.
Outcome: Health consumers have an effective, thriving and sustainable organisation in South Australia.