Phone: 08 8231 4169 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org |
Phone: 08 8231 4169Email: email@example.com
Consumers at the centre of healthin South Australia
SA Ambulance Service - Adverse Eventr Governance Committee
The role of the Adverse Events Governance Committee is to provide governance, oversight and advice on the implementation of the fourteen (14) recommendations contained in the report by Associate Professor Peter Hibbert titled ‘Final Report on Systems Factors related to SAAS Safety Incidents in 2018’ in support of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of SA Ambulance Service (SAAS).
The Terms of Reference can be found here.
The functions of the committee are:
1. Endorse the strategy and plan adopted by SAAS to implement the recommendations arising from the ‘Final Report on Systems Factors related to SAAS Safety Incidents in 2018’ (‘the Adverse Events Report’).
2. Act as representatives of the best interests of consumers of the ambulance service.
3. Review all reports provided to the Committee for consideration.
4. Review and challenge the effectiveness of actions by management and staff of SAAS in implementing the 14 recommendations against desired outcomes.
This review should:
• Ensure that the outcomes of actions implemented have achieved the intention of the 14 recommendations (to avoid situations where the actual action has been implemented but it has not fully or sufficiently achieved the intention of the recommendation).
• Challenge the merits of decisions that required significant judgement made by management and staff of SAAS in implementing the 14 recommendations.
• Ensure that implementation has taken a systemic root cause rather than a ‘put the fires out’ approach.
5. Review and challenge the efficiency and timeliness of actions implemented by management and staff of SAAS in implementing the 14 recommendations against the urgency of targeted dates.
6. Identify, report and escalate any significant risks that threaten the effective and timely implementation of the 14 recommendations.
7. Propose recommendations that enhance the effectiveness or expedite the timeliness of the implementation of the 14 recommendations.
8. Provide a monthly status report to the CEO of SAAS.
9. Provide briefings at meetings of SAAS’s Executive Leadership Team or any other Committee of SAAS or SA Health when requested.
10. Identify any duplication of function or activity with any other Committee of SAAS and propose recommendations to eliminate this duplication.
11. Refer matters to any other Committee of SAAS where relevant and warranted.
12. Consider any other matters referred to it for advice from the CEO of SAAS.
13. Execute any new responsibility that may be delegated by the CEO of SAAS and that is not already contained within these terms of reference
Closes: Friday 5 July 2019
If you would like to be considered for this consumer representative position and need assistance to complete this form, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Register for Training
Register for Events
Sign up for eNews
nothing about us without us