HCA facilitates, promotes and supports consumer advocacy, networking and leadership. We work with health consumers, communities and other stakeholders to promote health equity and rights through engagement, information dissemination and training.
Introduction to Consumer Advocacy Training.
Our training provides an understanding of:
- The role of HCA as the peak body for health consumers.
- Information on the meaning of consumer centred care and how it is fundamental to health reform.
- Consumer engagment in health/health advocacy and advocacy activities.
- The National and South Australian health reform.
- The National Safety and Quality Standards for Healthcare (in particular, Standard 2 Partnering with Consumers).
- The role of feedback, complaints and consumer experience.
- How advocates can prepare and participate in meetings and on committees.
Consumers’ Health Forum of Australia
Health Care Consumers’ Association of the ACT
Health Consumer’s Council of WA
Health Issues Centre